What you need
- 4 Cups Pauls Full Cream Milk
- 5 tbsp Salted Butter
- Olive Oil
- 1 Large Brown Onion, finely diced
- 1 Clove Garlic, minced
- 500g Beef mince
- 1 Diced Tomato
- 150g Tomato Paste
- 2 Cups Vegetable Stock
- 1 Tbs Chopped Parsley
- 2 Tbs Chopped Oregano
- 1 Packet Lasagne Sheets
- 4 Tbs All-purpose Flour
- ½ Tsp Nutmeg
- Salt & Pepper
- 250g Parmesan
- 250g Mozzarella
How To Make It
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees fan-forced.
- In a large fry-pan over a medium heat, melt a knob of butter and a splash of olive oil.
- Sauté the onion for 5 minutes or until translucent.
- Add in the garlic and beef then brown off the outside of the meat until caramelised.
- Add in tomato, tomato paste, vegetable stock, parsley and oregano. Simmer on a low heat for 20-30mins with the lid on. Stir occasionally and ensure that it’s not sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- In the interim, cook the lasagne sheets as per the packet instructions and make the Béchamel sauce.
- Once the meat is cooked, in a rectangular shaped oven dish, place a thin layer of the Béchamel sauce on the bottom.
- Place a layer of your cooked lasagne sheets on the bottom, followed by the meat mixture, Béchamel sauce, parmesan and mozzarella. Complete this until your reach the top of your oven dish.
- Place the dish into the oven and cook for 30-40 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Remove from the oven, let it cool for 15 minutes and then serve.
- To make the sauce, in a medium sized saucepan melt the butter over a medium heat.
- Add in the flour and whisk until combined.
- Add in the milk and continue to stir until thickened.
- Remove from the heat and season with nutmeg, salt and pepper. Set aside.