What you need
- 1 cup Pauls Regular Thickened Cream
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 large brown shallot, finely diced
- 4 rashers of rindless shortcut bacon, cut into 1cm strips
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Chili, finely diced
- 300g sliced brown mushrooms
- 5 sprigs of thyme, leaves picked
- ½ cup white wine
- 500g packet store bought gnocchi
- Salt & pepper
- ½ cup parmesan, grated
How To Make It
- Place a large pot of salted water over a high heat and bring to the boil.
- In a large saucepan over medium flame, heat the olive oil and butter then sauté the shallot and bacon for 5 minutes. Add in the garlic and chili and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Next, add the mushrooms and thyme and cook until the mushrooms begin to soften.
- Add wine to pan and reduce 90% of the liquid. Add the cream and bring it to the boil. Reduce to a simmer for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, add gnocchi to boiling water and cook until soft. This tends to be when the gnocchi floats on the surface of the water.
- Taste sauce and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Strain gnocchi into a colander.
- Divide gnocchi between 4 bowls and pour sauce over the top. Garnish with freshly grated parmesan and serve immediately.